Titling a Motor Vehicle
Title a Repossessed Vehicle
To receive a repossession title, the secured party (financial institution or individual) must surrender the Ohio title assigned in the name of the lienholder and pay a title fee.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Title Office?
- Ohio title assigned in the name of the lienholder
- Certified copy of the security agreement that includes the name and address of the debtor and secured party, the terms of the contract and a description of the secured collateral – year, make, model and vehicle identification number (VIN)
- For out-of-state titles only, an out-of-state VIN inspection; inspections can be obtained at any Ohio deputy registrar license agency (click HERE for current fee) or any licensed Ohio motor vehicle dealership (call ahead for fee)
- Applicant affidavit to establish mileage (if applicable)
- Acceptable identification (please contact your County Clerk of Courts Title Office for details)
- Payment for title fees